I am back with a meal prep blog for you. With the plethora of ice cream I’ll be inhaling over the next 8 weeks, it’s important to keep my eating clean when I’m home. And since the majority of my next 8 paychecks will end up in boardwalk souvenir shops, budgeting is important too.
So I humbly present to you… 2 weeks of easy meals for 2 adults. The entire 2-week plan is less than $100. (Of course, this may vary but that amount is based on shopping at my local ShopRite here in the Philly area.)
I based this budget off of the food my boyfriend and I actually eat so obviously feel free to modify it as necessary. I chose almost all dinner recipes that can be made in a crock pot (indicated with CP) and prepped in advance for my fellow young professionals. These recipes are all low in fat and there are at least 2 vegetarian meals included per week.
As far as recipes go, they are a collection of my faves from Pinterest and beyond, but I will provide links to give all these talented ladies cred. So here goes!
- Cereal and almond milk
- Pitas and rolls
- Turkey or ham
- Pop chips
- Chicken Tortilla Soup with crushed tortilla chips (CP)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken with brown rice (CP)
- Beef Fajitas (CP)
- Pulled BBQ Chicken (CP)
- Lasagna (CP)
- Italian Beef Sandwiches (CP)
- Tangy Sweet and Sour Meatballs with brown rice (CP)
- BBQ Night: Grilled Turkey Burgers with toppings and baked or grilled yams
- Homemade Pizza (twice)
- Ciabatta loaf $4
- Pita pockets $2.50
- Fresh bagels $5
- Hamburger rolls (2 packs) $2
- Almond milk $2
- NutriGrain bars $2.50
- Chex cereal $2
- Large can crushed pineapples $1.25
- One can each corn, diced tomatoes, black beans $2.50
- Deli sliced sweet pepper rings $2
- 2 cans chicken broth, one can beef broth $3
- 2 jars marinara $2
- 1/4 lb. deli American cheese $1
- 2 bags shredded mozz cheese $4
- Turkey burgers $7
- Cheese ravioli $1.50
- Mini frozen meatballs $3
- 2 Wheat pizza dough $4
- Low-sodium turkey and ham $8.70
- Whole grain brown rice $3
- 8 lb watermelon, cut $6
- 2 large carrots $2
- Garlic $1
- Onion $1
- Lime $.50
- 2 bell peppers $3
- 2 yams $1
- 3 bags salad mix $5
- 2 individual snack bags of tortilla chips for chicken tortilla soup $.50
- 2 bags Quaker Pop Chips $2
- 3 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast $9
- 2 lb. boneless chuck roast $11
Breakfast and lunch are pretty simple, just plan ahead. Follow the instructions linked for dinners. I recommend taking time on a Sunday morning to prep all your crock pot meals. Throw them in thick freezer bags, label, and store. If you’re interested in me doing another post on exactly how to meal prep with freezer bags, let me know. I feel like there are plenty of examples of this on Pinterest for reference.
I rounded for the most part but all told, my ShopRite at Home app says $96 total for this plan! Anticipate that you may also need to pick up some spices as needed. Anyone who has a local ShopRite, I would encourage you to try out their at-home service. Right now, they’re offering $15 off when you spend $75 and $10 off $20 in General Mills products. Plus, you can schedule a time that’s convenient t for you. Using this service alone has saved us hundreds because I have time throughout the day to slim things off the list and don’t pick up things I don’t need while perusing the aisles.
I hope you enjoy all of these recipes as much as I do, at a price point you can afford.
What do you want to see next? Challenge me to an even slimmer budget? Just MORE MEALS? Let me know in the comments below!